kmail has messed up the email accounts

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Sun Jun 7 13:30:27 BST 2020

On zondag 7 juni 2020 03:56:36 CEST, test wrote:
> Thanks!  I have done this several times already, and every time there was
> something left.  Last time the identies remained, and it's probably what
> messed them up in the first place.  Maybe there are some files not named
> like akonadi and not named like kmail so I didn't find all the files that
> need to be deleted.

That may be possible, but I do not know. Perhaps someone else knows better
how to start from a clean slate.

> The FAQ says I could use the mysql (MariaDB) server I have running anyway
> while someone on this list said it's not advisable to do that because there
> would be so many obstacles that need to be overcome.  Which is true?

I guess both are true: it is possible, but not advisable. Someone else may
have experience with this.

> Can I use the "normal" mysql client to connect to the SQL server akonadi is
> using?  What about phpmyadmin?

That should be possible, although I have no experience with using MySQL. I
use SQLite as my akonadi backend and have often peeked into the database
using other tools than akonadiconsole. (KMail is not my day-to-day MUA,
Trojita is, but I need KMail for its great filtering capabilities (combined
with Python scripts), and my provider's webmail for deleting attachments…)

Best,

Erik