kmail has messed up the email accounts

test test at adminart.net
Sun Jun 7 02:56:36 BST 2020

On Fri, 2020-06-05 at 17:39 +0200, Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> On dinsdag 2 juni 2020 17:40:02 CEST, test wrote:
> > So how do I start clean?
> > I […] never found all the files I would need to delete.
>
> If removing the resources using kmail or akonadiconsole does not work,
> you'll have to delete files manually, I guess.
>
> https://techbase.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Akonadi#Akonadi_FAQ tells us that
> akonadi's files are under
>
> ~/.config/akonadi
> ~/.local/share/akonadi
>
> However, I think to get a more complete view, you can search in the
> ~/.config, ./local, and ./cache directories, e.g., using
>
> $ find . -name "*akonadi*" -print | less
>
> Also, ~/.local/share/local-mail/ will contain your local mailbox files.

Thanks!  I have done this several times already, and every time there was
something left.  Last time the identies remained, and it's probably what
messed them up in the first place.  Maybe there are some files not named
like akonadi and not named like kmail so I didn't find all the files that
need to be deleted.

The FAQ says I could use the mysql (MariaDB) server I have running anyway
while someone on this list said it's not advisable to do that because there
would be so many obstacles that need to be overcome.  Which is true?

Can I use the "normal" mysql client to connect to the SQL server akonadi is
using?  What about phpmyadmin?