kmail has messed up the email accounts

Mathias Homann Mathias.Homann at opensuse.org
Sun Jun 7 08:50:20 BST 2020

Am Samstag, 6. Juni 2020, 19:21:45 CEST schrieb Paul Vixie:

> but i still had to run "akonadictl fsck" several times a day, and delete my
> whole database several times per month, until i switched from mysql to
> pgsql.

I'm running kontact on openSUSE Leap 15.1, with all of plasma coming from the
openSUSE OBS repos, so they are pretty much the same bleeding edge as in
openSUSE Tumbleweed, akonadi uses mysql running on my central server, and I
haven't needed to wipe my database in years...

Anyway, regarding tumbleweed, before you switch to that from whatever you use,
be aware that Tumbleweed is not just a rolling release distribution - it's
also the "work in progress" place, comparabe to fedora/re hat rawhide. It can,
and maybe will, crap out on you after a huge update without any warning.

I'd suggest Leap 15.1, or wait for 15.2 which is due in the next month or two.
Then, if you think you really need a KDE Plasma that is more up to date, add
the three plasma OBS repos with a higher priority than the default.

Poke me if you want details on how to do that.

Cheers
[MH]

--
Mathias Homann
Mathias.Homann at openSUSE.org
Jabber (XMPP): lemmy at tuxonline.tech
IRC: [Lemmy] on freenode and ircnet (bouncer active)
telegram: https://telegram.me/lemmy98
keybase: https://keybase.io/lemmy
gpg key fingerprint: 8029 2240 F4DD 7776 E7D2 C042 6B8E 029E 13F2 C102