kmail has messed up the email accounts

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Jun 2 11:09:19 BST 2020

Hi test,

I'm writing this message as one of the authors of KMail and as member of the
KDE community who tries to support KMail users.

on Montag, 1. Juni 2020 11:45:50 CEST test wrote:
> And the concept of identities is bullshit; I'm just using different email
> accounts for different purposes.  That doesn't have anything to do with my
> identity; my identity is not something I would reveal to anyone and
> especially not to the whole world by sending emails or otherwise.  It's
> what leads to everything being messed up in the first place because if I
> could just use different email accounts, this wouldn't happen to begin
> with.

I consider the above disrespectful to the authors of KMail. You see no point
in the concept of identities. That's okay. What's not okay is that you call
this concept "bullshit". I feel personally insulted by this.

As you can see from the replies by other people in this thread, other people
see the value of identities. You don't agree with them. That's okay as long as
your replies are respectful and considerate (cf. the KDE Community Code of
Conduct I quoted in my other message to this thread wearing a different hat,
and, btw, using a different identity).

You will see that the people on this list are much more willing to help you
with the problems you are having with KMail if you are more respectful to the
views of others.

> Maybe it's for people who don't know who they are or who are
> suffering from some kind of mental illness ...)

I find it highly offensive that you seem to make fun of people suffering from
mental illness.