KDE Community Code of Conduct (was: Re: kmail has messed up the email accounts)

Ingo Klöcker kdepim-users-owner at kde.org
Tue Jun 2 10:42:15 BST 2020

Hi all,

I'm writing this message in reply to several messages in this thread. My
remarks apply equally to messages sent by test. I'm writing this as moderator
of this mailing list.

on Montag, 1. Juni 2020 16:37:04 CEST Werner Joss wrote:
> just a short note on netiquette:
> You (test) should have noticed that almost everyone here uses a complete
> Real Name on this rather elitary list :)
> don't you think that after having posted a significant number of questions
> here (and got answers to every topic) this would be approriate ?

As Erik Quaeghebeur pointed out, there is no real name policy on this mailing
list (or any other KDE infrastructure). But there is a code of conduct that
everybody who participates in the KDE community (i.e., in particular,
everybody who sends a message to a KDE mailing list) has to follow.

You can find the KDE Community Code of Conduct at
https://kde.org/code-of-conduct/.

I quote the Overview section from this document:
"This Code of Conduct presents a summary of the shared values and “common
sense” thinking in our community. The basic social ingredients that hold our
project together include:

* Be considerate
* Be respectful
* Be collaborative
* Be pragmatic
* Support others in the community
* Get support from others in the community

Our community is made up of several groups of individuals and organizations
which can roughly be divided into two groups:

* Contributors, or those who add value to the project through improving KDE
software and its services
* Users, or those who add value to the project through their support as
consumers of KDE software

This Code of Conduct reflects the agreed standards of behavior for members of
the KDE community, in any forum, mailing list, wiki, web site, IRC channel,
public meeting or private correspondence within the context of the KDE team
and its services. The community acts according to the standards written down
in this Code of Conduct and will defend these standards for the benefit of the
community. Leaders of any group, such as moderators of mailing lists, IRC
channels, forums, etc., will exercise the right to suspend access to any
person who persistently breaks our shared Code of Conduct."

Regards,
Ingo (moderator of the kdepim-users mailing list)