[KDE-pim] New Install: AKONADI wit PostgreSQL

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Wed Dec 30 13:05:04 GMT 2020

On 30 December 2020 11:11:20 GMT, "Hessler, Klaus-Michael" <mailinglisten at kmHessler.de> wrote:
> Thank you David,
> > Please note that as from KDE applications release 20.08, KAlarm no
> > longer uses Akonadi for alarm storage.
> Sounds very good!
>
> I'm running Manjaro: Plasma 5.20.4, KDE-Frameworks 5.76.0, QT 5.15.2.
> and checked KAlarm 20.08.3-1: It pulls as a dependency kdepim-runtime
> 20.08.3-1.
> For safety reasons I checked kdepim-runtime 20.08.3-1: It pulls as a
> dependency akonadi, akonadi-calendar, akonadi-notes and some other
> stuff.
>
> For me this sounds I'd get Akonadi through the backdoor?

KAlarm does still use Akonadi directly or indirectly for some purposes including emailing, migrating its resources when upgrading, accessing contacts, etc, because KDE software libraries use Akonadi to provide these functions. So it will depend on some Akonadi packages, even though it no longer uses Akonadi for alarm storage and retrieval.

--
David Jarvie
KAlarm author, KDE developer