Part 2 of any progress on kmail in debian buster?

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Wed Oct 9 02:27:08 BST 2019

John White wrote on 2019-10-03 09:59:
> Paul,
>
> Though it is massively better than it was, I am still having some (very
> few) kmail2 problems, Sp i am planning on making the switch to pgsql
> this coming weekend, following your suggestions in earlier emails. I
> have kmails back to at least 2000. Do you have some idea of how much of
> that old stuff is going to be affected if I make the switch from mysql
> to pgsql?
>
> John
i apologize for the delay -- i've been offline for a few days.

as i wrote in the earlier message, the database has only an index to
your e-mail plus all settings related to folder selection (drafts,
trash, sent). if you blow it away for any reason, the system will remake
it. if you stop the system, blow it away, change your config to use
pgsql rather than mysql, and restart it, then it will remake it using a
different kind of database than the one you blew away.

you will in any case have to check all of your settings after remaking
the database, regardless of whether you change the kind of the database.

--
P Vixie