mysqld and akonadiserver keeps on runing and writing things on my hard drive

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 16:56:35 BST 2019

On Monday June 03 2019 17:23:32 christophe wrote:

> Maybe i was not clear enough.

No, you weren't; not to me at least. You made it sound a bit as if "these akonadiserver and mysqld" were new to you.

Still, akonadi didn't exist 20y ago, and when did you last check for the presence of agents that you don't use (and which may have learned new tricks in a recent update)? You'll notice that my reply didn't hinge on stopping akonadi completely but also provided a potential solution to reduce CPU and disk use with it running.

If nothing on that end has changed you could try a database fsck followed by a vaccuum. You *will* get increased CPU and disk usage for a while after that, but with luck things will go back to normal afterwards.

If want to delve deeper: akonadiconsole has quite a few debugging features.