mysqld and akonadiserver keeps on runing and writing things on my hard drive

christophe christophe.dr at free.fr
Mon Jun 3 17:25:26 BST 2019

Le lundi 3 juin 2019, 17:56:35 CEST René J.V. Bertin a écrit :
> On Monday June 03 2019 17:23:32 christophe wrote:
> > Maybe i was not clear enough.
>
> No, you weren't; not to me at least. You made it sound a bit as if "these
> akonadiserver and mysqld" were new to you.
>
> Still, akonadi didn't exist 20y ago, and when did you last check for the
> presence of agents that you don't use (and which may have learned new
> tricks in a recent update)? You'll notice that my reply didn't hinge on
> stopping akonadi completely but also provided a potential solution to
> reduce CPU and disk use with it running.
>
> If nothing on that end has changed you could try a database fsck followed by
> a vaccuum. You *will* get increased CPU and disk usage for a while after
> that, but with luck things will go back to normal afterwards.
>
> If want to delve deeper: akonadiconsole has quite a few debugging features.

Ok.
My bad.

How can i adapt this suggested  database fsck  to the present case ?
And this "vacuum" ?
I sometimes used akonadiconsole to erase these ghost emails that appeared
always unread and that i could not erase from some folders (especially the
spam folder).
Where are the appropriate akonadiconsole commands adapted to this "constant
cpu and disk usage" by akonadiserver and mysqld  ?

Thanks

--
christophe