mysqld and akonadiserver keeps on runing and writing things on my hard drive

christophe christophe.dr at free.fr
Mon Jun 3 15:44:45 BST 2019

Le lundi 3 juin 2019, 15:04:24 CEST René J.V. Bertin a écrit :
> [...]
> Let me guess, you are using a KDE Plasma desktop? If so, the clock/calendar
> widget in the default panel starts akonadi when you log in.
> Akonadi is started on-demand when it is first needed (e.g. by that clock
> widget) but it is never stopped automatically before you log off.
> You can stop it by hand after logging in (`akonadictl stop`) and I presume
> you could replace the clock/calendar panel widget with a simpler one. If
> you don't use KMail or any of the other PIM services (including
> calendar/todo/notes) then you can als delete all akonadi "agents" (for
> instance via akonadiconsole). I have never verified if the clock widget
> will not recreate whatever agent it uses but if it doesn't then at least
> you should see less CPU and disk usage if and when akonadi is started.

I have been using kmail, for almost 20 years now.
If i run your " akonadictl stop ", i cannot answer to your question on this
mailing list, because i do use kmail for all my mails.
So that makes no sense to run this command.
The bug and solution is somewhere else.
Any one has an idea ?

--
christophe