mysqld and akonadiserver keeps on runing and writing things on my hard drive

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 14:04:24 BST 2019

On Monday June 03 2019 14:36:50 christophe wrote:

>For more than a week now, i have this strange behavior :
>i see on the htop, runing in background window, that some processes are eating
>the cpu time constantly :
>akonadiserver and some other mysqld (more than 10....)

>Could you give me an advise to stop such bad behaviour, please ?

Let me guess, you are using a KDE Plasma desktop? If so, the clock/calendar widget in the default panel starts akonadi when you log in.

Akonadi is started on-demand when it is first needed (e.g. by that clock widget) but it is never stopped automatically before you log off.

You can stop it by hand after logging in (`akonadictl stop`) and I presume you could replace the clock/calendar panel widget with a simpler one. If you don't use KMail or any of the other PIM services (including calendar/todo/notes) then you can als delete all akonadi "agents" (for instance via akonadiconsole). I have never verified if the clock widget will not recreate whatever agent it uses but if it doesn't then at least you should see less CPU and disk usage if and when akonadi is started.