All local folders lost in KMail

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 22:43:24 BST 2019

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 03:00:07 PM René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Not really a good comparison. The mail client hides most of the differences
> between POP3 and IMAP; I think that if you don't use folders on the server
> and only read you mail from a single machine you'll hardly notice a
> difference. IMAP should be a bit smoother, at least with a mail client
> that will only fetch the headers by default, unless you actually open a
> message for reading.

Just to followup to my comment in a previous post (about pop3 and mbox file
format), I open almost all email messages for reading.  (The exceptions are
obvious spam, most of which is filtered out one way or another before I see it
(but I don't like the way gmail decides for me what is spam and what is not).)