All local folders lost in KMail

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 22:40:49 BST 2019

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 01:42:42 PM René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> If you already have a local IMAP server, why not use that for archiving
> (with the account configured to cache as little as possible in the akonadi
> db to prevent too much redundancy? The reason I use IMAP for archiving is
> that it's MUA-agnostic, and the actual folders are simple files I can hack
> into with vi if I have a reason to.

What is the format of those simple folders -- are they in mbox format by any
chance?

(I am a fervent user of both pop3 and mbox folders, and for lots of reasons
(including some software that I've developed and am continuing to develop
(using mbox files as the storage protocol) don't expect to ever willingly give
up either.)