All local folders lost in KMail

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Fri Aug 9 11:53:17 BST 2019

On Friday, 9 August 2019 10:26:38 BST Colin Close wrote:
> On Friday, 9 August 2019 09:27:38 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > I wonder: could database operations be getting tangled up by queries etc
> > coming back before another thread is ready to catch it? If so, perhaps I
> > should look into switching to Postgres. I know several people here have
> > done that, but I'm deterred by unfamiliarity, but more by maintenance
> > issues such as upgrades.
>
> I don't use anything else but postgres now. It's faster and more reliable
> (akonadi fsck is a good test). However for recent versions of the Qt driver
> one needs to patch akonadi as the Qt driver has become case sensitive for
> sql queries. It's a one liner which has probably made it's way to the
> latest source by now. Just in case you can find the patch via this page.
> https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/c9v9wu/akonadi_and_qt_513/
> I have updated postgres twice now with no issues. It's pretty simple.
> This page gives a good description https://www.enricozini.org/blog/2015/
> akonadi-install/
> The driver file will already exist you just need to edit it to use the
> correct driver [QPSQL]
> Hope this helps

Thanks; yes, it certainly does. I'll save it for later though because I've had
another idea. This box was made by Armari, a company that makes high-
performance workstations for financial firms in the City, where milliseconds
count, apparently. They delivered it with their standard overclocking setup:
4GHz instead of 3.3. I set it back to 3.3 but today I've put the 4GHz settings
back in to see if the machine can now keep up with the NVMe (if that is indeed
my problem).

Peter.