Considering to switch away from KDEPIM/Akonadi

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Sat Apr 6 10:03:04 BST 2019

On Thursday, 4 April 2019 13:46:42 CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> The only other idea I had is to just switch from MariaDB to PostgreSQL.
> It would mean a PostgreSQL upgrade once in a while, but it if works
> better, I'd probably do that.

I've just switched from MySQL backend to PostgreSQL (on Debian/unstable) and
kmail (through kontact) works much better.

With Mysql backend, I had to restart akonadi 2 or 3 times a day and purge the
db every week or so.

I've switched to PostgreSQL 2 days ago (which is admittedly not statistically
significant) and had no problem since.

HTH