gmail account troubles

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 09:47:58 BST 2018

On Sunday September 02 2018 10:39:15 Andreas Hencke wrote:

>If I remove Akonadi from allowed apps, the connection will be aborted.
>This also affects the gmail account on my laptop. To reconnect to gmail I have
>to delete gmail in kmail and set it up again, and allow Akonadi access.
>It is not enough if I only do it on the computer on which I originally had
>Akonadi's rights.

>Maybe this is a Kubuntu issue? I m on 18.04.1

No, I think that's normal. Google registers Akonadi as an allowed app centrally, and then hands over some kind of certificate to the Akonadi instance. Thus, revoking access at the google end breaks things on all clients, and when you reestablish Akonadi as an allowed app, a new certificate will be created that will have to be used from all clients.

R.