gmail account troubles

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 2 09:47:19 BST 2018

On Sunday, 2 September 2018 09:39:15 BST Andreas Hencke wrote:
> Am Samstag, 1. September 2018, 18:47:04 CEST schrieb Ianseeks:
> >..... There is
> > a situation where you might get a dialog from Google asking to allow
> > Akonadi access to your google account, i made the mistake of accepting that
> > and then thats when i stopped getting emails.
>
> If I do not allow Akonadi to access Google, no connection will be made.
>
> > I then went to my google
> > account via webmail and remove Akonadi from the permitted apps and then set
> > my Authentication to PLAIN and its worked fine since.
>
> If I remove Akonadi from allowed apps, the connection will be aborted.
> This also affects the gmail account on my laptop. To reconnect to gmail I have
> to delete gmail in kmail and set it up again, and allow Akonadi access.
> It is not enough if I only do it on the computer on which I originally had
> Akonadi's rights.
According to my Google settings, the Akondai permission was in place on May 10th (that must have been a silent setting up as i didn't do anything) and it was working fine until I got the Dialog requesting permission a few days ago and that, i guess, must have changed the Authentication to GMAIL.
To be honest i don't know what the real problem is/was but it did seem related to accepting the google permission dialog but I managed to get it to work and its not asked for permission since.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180829
Qt: 5.11.1 KDE Frameworks: 5.49.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.13.4 - kwin 5.13.4