Error messages from akonadictl

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 15:30:13 BST 2018

Hello list,

I've just run "akonadictl restart" after shutting KMail down. The console
showed these messages:

Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
org.kde.pim.akonadi_indexer_agent: "DatabaseLockError" "DatabaseLockError:
Unable to get write lock on /home/prh/.local/share/akonadi/search_db/email/:
already locked"
org.kde.pim.akonadi_indexer_agent: "DatabaseLockError" "DatabaseLockError:
Unable to get write lock on /home/prh/.local/share/akonadi/search_db/
emailContacts/: already locked"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: "Cannot connect to agent instance with identifier
'akonadi_maildir_resource_0', error message: ''"
org.kde.pim.akonadi_search_xapian: Could not obtain lock for Xapian
Database. This is bad
org.kde.pim.akonadi_indexer_agent: "DatabaseLockError" "DatabaseLockError:
Unable to get write lock on /home/prh/.local/share/akonadi/search_db/notes/:
already locked"
org.kde.pim.akonadi_search_xapian: Could not obtain lock for Xapian
Database. This is bad
org.kde.pim.akonadi_indexer_agent: "DatabaseLockError" "DatabaseLockError:
Unable to get write lock on /home/prh/.local/share/akonadi/search_db/
collections/: already locked"

I restarted akonadi in an attempt to get KMail to show new-message totals in
the folders to which filters had sent the messages. Sometimes it helps,
other times not.

--
Gentoo stable
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources 4.14.65