gmail account troubles

Andreas Hencke andreas.hencke at mailbox.org
Sun Sep 2 09:39:15 BST 2018

Am Samstag, 1. September 2018, 18:47:04 CEST schrieb Ianseeks:
>..... There is
> a situation where you might get a dialog from Google asking to allow
> Akonadi access to your google account, i made the mistake of accepting that
> and then thats when i stopped getting emails.

If I do not allow Akonadi to access Google, no connection will be made.

> I then went to my google
> account via webmail and remove Akonadi from the permitted apps and then set
> my Authentication to PLAIN and its worked fine since.

If I remove Akonadi from allowed apps, the connection will be aborted.
This also affects the gmail account on my laptop. To reconnect to gmail I have
to delete gmail in kmail and set it up again, and allow Akonadi access.
It is not enough if I only do it on the computer on which I originally had
Akonadi's rights.

Maybe this is a Kubuntu issue? I m on 18.04.1

Regards

Andreas