So I think I found my new mails...

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Mon Mar 26 22:26:45 BST 2018

Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> Reminder: On this KDE mailing list, as everywhere else KDE (mailing lists,
> forums, wikis, etc.), you have to abide to the KDE Community Code of Conduct
> (https://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/). In short:
> * Be considerate
> * Be respectful
> * Be collaborative
> * Be pragmatic
> * Support others in the community
> * Get support from others in the community

> ..., some of the messages in this thread are neither considerate, nor
> respectful, nor collaborative. In future, be considerate, respectful, and
> collaborative towards other members of the KDE community.

since i've already apologized for being inconsiderate up-thread, i won't
delve into that topic. i do want to clarify one matter.

several kmail-loving users have reported being unable to use kontact as
much after the akonadi change as they did before. some of us say not at
all, some of us say only for pgp, some of us say we bought more hardware
and bandwidth and just continued. and yes, some of us were not
respectful in how we described our experiences, but i think that's been
dealt with (variously.)

to the extent that the response is, it works for the devs so there's no
problem, or please file more bug reports because we still don't accept
the existence of a problem, or there may or may not be a problem but you
may not complain about it lest you be seen as non-collaborative, or you
may not criticize the process or culture or team who brought us to this
point... such responses have been quite non-collaborative, however
pragmatic, respectful, or considerate they also were.

an important step on the way to solving a problem is admitting it exists.

the calibration input i call your attention to is that the complaints
are coming from people who love kmail and miss being able to use it --
not haters.

--
P Vixie