So I think I found my new mails...

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Mar 26 21:58:06 BST 2018

On Montag, 26. März 2018 10:52:09 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Reminder: this is the KDEPIM ML where its *users* can talk about the
> project. IMHO that includes venting feelings of frustration, sarcastic
> remarks etc (within reason) because strange as it may sound, that *can* be
> "constructive" ("ah, I'm not the only one ... guess I'll man up and work
> around the annoyances, or start looking for alternatives").
>
> When the expectations of that population diverge (too much) from the
> intentions of the project developers (who have their own ML) it can indeed
> occasionally feel offensive for those who take things personally a bit too
> quickly. Sticking your head in the sand is one approach when that happens -
> no judgement or offense intended.

Reminder: On this KDE mailing list, as everywhere else KDE (mailing lists,
forums, wikis, etc.), you have to abide to the KDE Community Code of Conduct
(https://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/). In short:
* Be considerate
* Be respectful
* Be collaborative
* Be pragmatic
* Support others in the community
* Get support from others in the community

Martin is a great example of someone who follows all of those rules par
excellence. He is/was always constructive and helpful even in view of harsh
criticism.

OTOH, some of the messages in this thread are neither considerate, nor
respectful, nor collaborative. In future, be considerate, respectful, and
collaborative towards other members of the KDE community.

Regards,
Ingo - admin and moderator of the kdepim-users mailing list and former
maintainer of KMail