Fixing things Akonadi doesn't with some SQL-fu

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 09:38:10 GMT 2018

On Wednesday March 21 2018 11:42:23 Paul Vixie wrote:

>how to do that. i just don't know how to train them up to speed on this
>code base, nor how to get them and their work accepted by the existing
>team. also, i don't want to bypass the existing team -- if somebody
>wants paid contract work and loves to work on kdepim then we ought to be
>keeping the money "in the family" so to speak.

That could be part of the hiring conditions: introduce yourself to and work with the KDEPIM team. I have the impression that's how one of the more active members of the KDevelop team came aboard, with a somewhat comparable project (changing the parser backend; I may be wrong so I'm not calling any names).

R.