Fixing things Akonadi doesn't with some SQL-fu

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Wed Mar 21 18:42:23 GMT 2018

René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> That looks like the times I seemingly am not getting any new email.
> But for me, restarting akonadi usually helps (with or without
> "connecting" kmail). Have you ever tried a "akonadictl vacuum" in
> this kind of situation?

vacuum, fsck, restart, alone and in every combination/permutation.

>> i don't think any of them can afford to interrupt their careers
>> with a one-month contract to fix akonadi
>
> That leaves the solution of putting up the(se) task(s) as student
> projects, as well as on sites where developers roam who are looking
> specifically for contract-based projects. This ML isn't the best way
> to do that, of course; there are sites dedicated for that (even on
> stack-overflow you can set bounties). Here's such a site in France,
> for instance: https://emploi.developpez.com/ (it should be possible
> to post an ad in English).

if i have to hire someone who isn't a kdepim dev to do this work, i know
how to do that. i just don't know how to train them up to speed on this
code base, nor how to get them and their work accepted by the existing
team. also, i don't want to bypass the existing team -- if somebody
wants paid contract work and loves to work on kdepim then we ought to be
keeping the money "in the family" so to speak.

--
P Vixie