Fixing things Akonadi doesn't with some SQL-fu

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:49:08 GMT 2018

On Wednesday March 21 2018 07:56:23 Paul Vixie wrote:

> i had a lot of trouble convincing kmail to check for upstream e-mail. F5
> didn't force the matter. restarting kontact, no help. restarting
[snip]

That looks like the times I seemingly am not getting any new email. But for me, restarting akonadi usually helps (with or without "connecting" kmail). Have you ever tried a "akonadictl vacuum" in this kind of situation?

> then i found that if i carefully control which transport starts first,
> so that kolabsys gets the first IMAP slot, which means IDLE will be

Ah, IDLE. I seem to recall that only a single folder could use that at some point. I don't really remember if that was per account (e.g. all INBOX folders), but I'd hope that this limitation has been removed by now!

> agreed, but do note, i am undaunted.

I wasn't thinking about anyone in particular. I wasn't really daunted either - I know I can always go hang myself if all else fails ;)

> it's an x1c6 with a ~2GHz mobile pentium, 16G of RAM, and an SSD.

Not exactly an old, underpowered machine compared to my N3150 notebook with 8Gb and an SSHD.

> race conditions are the norm now.

Indeed.

> i don't think any of them can afford to interrupt their careers with a
> one-month contract to fix akonadi

That leaves the solution of putting up the(se) task(s) as student projects, as well as on sites where developers roam who are looking specifically for contract-based projects. This ML isn't the best way to do that, of course; there are sites dedicated for that (even on stack-overflow you can set bounties). Here's such a site in France, for instance: https://emploi.developpez.com/ (it should be possible to post an ad in English).