ok, maybe i won't find any devs to back akonadi out of kde-pim after all

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Wed Mar 21 14:48:50 GMT 2018

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 07:38:15 -0700, Paul Vixie wrote:

> if the kdepim devs treat this as an either/or, we will all lose. that
> is, i plan to work constructively, AND i plan to speak raw truth as to
> how akonadi looks and works. i don't think i should exclusively choose
> one or the other, because that would remove critique from the user/dev
> relationship -- giving the whole community the wrong impression about
> how usable this software is.
>
> i won't do the kind of provisioning and surgery that you describe doing.
> i will watch the four database issues get fixed, and i will test
> anything that i can test, and i will give constructive, detailed
> feedback. some day i hope to return to kmail as my every day MUA. for
> now i will only use kmail in production when i have to do PGP operations.

The operative word is *constructive*  If people cannot provide
constructive feedback/truth, then they should not bother.  General human
behavior will shunt the rest.

Your past post to Marin was not constructive.

--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926        iNum:  883.5100.0990.1054