ok, maybe i won't find any devs to back akonadi out of kde-pim after all

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Wed Mar 21 15:21:47 GMT 2018

Pablo Sanchez wrote:

> The operative word is *constructive* If people cannot provide
> constructive feedback/truth, then they should not bother. General human
> behavior will shunt the rest.
>
> Your past post to Marin was not constructive.

i apologize, and i resolve to do better in that regard.

i don't know what to say when folks deny that there is a problem, or
that the problem is severe, or that the process by which we got here was
flawed. perhaps i'll just remain silent in those cases.

if there are only a small number of people who understand the code well
enough to fix things, and those people have jobs and families and lives,
and so are not able (over a period of some years) to invest their
volunteer efforts, that's understandable, and we still owe those people
a giant debt of gratitude for whatever they've been willing to do.

i don't think any of them can afford to interrupt their careers with a
one-month contract to fix akonadi, and that leaves me powerless to
affect my own outcomes, other than to invest time in workarounds. this
is frustrating, since when kmail worked for me, it was the best thing ever.

--
P Vixie