ok, maybe i won't find any devs to back akonadi out of kde-pim after all

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Wed Mar 21 14:38:15 GMT 2018

Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Good morning Paul.

and to you, sir.

> If you choose to act upon one of the constructive choices I detailed to you, I
> am more than happy to support you. If you just want to continue to vent your
> frustration, I am out. I got that you are frustrated, I understand it, but as
> I told blaming does not work. I did that myself often enough to know this to
> be true.

if the kdepim devs treat this as an either/or, we will all lose. that
is, i plan to work constructively, AND i plan to speak raw truth as to
how akonadi looks and works. i don't think i should exclusively choose
one or the other, because that would remove critique from the user/dev
relationship -- giving the whole community the wrong impression about
how usable this software is.

i won't do the kind of provisioning and surgery that you describe doing.
i will watch the four database issues get fixed, and i will test
anything that i can test, and i will give constructive, detailed
feedback. some day i hope to return to kmail as my every day MUA. for
now i will only use kmail in production when i have to do PGP operations.

--
P Vixie