Kleopatra, KDE Wallet & System Settings. Want to give in the pgp key pass word only when starting Kontact - NOT when starting the system.

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 20:54:50 BST 2018

Under KDE4 akonadi used to be started by the default current time widget ("digital clock"?) that usually sat at the far right of the main panel, because clicking on it would bring up a calendar+events overview plasmoid (or however you call the window showing those).

You should indeed not be asked for a pgp-key that you only use when signing emails. I'd call that a bug.
But are you sure you are not using the same pgp key to encrypt your kwallet? The wallet system will use PGP by default for new wallets, so if you picked that same key for this purpose you will indeed be asked for it when you log in  and akonadi needs the stored credentials necessary for accessing your email, calendar and what-have-you accounts.

Took me a while to figure out too when I first started using KDE.

R.