Kleopatra, KDE Wallet & System Settings. Want to give in the pgp key pass word only when starting Kontact - NOT when starting the system.

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Jun 27 19:01:56 BST 2018

On Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018 15:44:52 CEST Bas G. Roufs in English (gmail.com)
wrote:
> Am working now at Kubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic), along with KDE Plasma Version
> 5.12.5. My laptop is a Lenovo X220 with an i5 processor and 8 GB RAM.
>
> When configuring contact, I have also configured a so-called "pgp-key",
> linked to one mail address. Now, the system prompts for the pgp key
> password as soon as I start it - this is really annoying. I would prefer to
> give in that password ONLY when I start Kontact. Is it possible to change
> the settings in SYSTEM SETTINGS, KDE Wallet or Kleopatra in such a way that
> I get rid of the pgp key password prompts in the very  beginning of a
> working session?

Apparently, some part of Kontact is starting automatically when you start your
system.

My first guess is the KOrganizer Reminder Daemon which reminds you of upcoming
meeting and other events. If you do not use the calendar in Kontact or if you
do not need the reminders, then deactivate the automatic start of the
KOrganizer Reminder Daemon. To do this look for the daemon in the system tray
(the thing which might also contain the speaker volume icon, the clipboard
icon, etc.). Right-click on the daemon (icon or name) and deactivate "Start
Reminder Daemon at Login".

If you cannot find the KOrganizer Reminder Daemon in the system tray, then
maybe some other helper of Kontact is started automatically at login/system
start.