something is really wrong with my kmail/kontact

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:04:26 BST 2018

On Sunday, July 8, 2018 2:09:34 AM CDT René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Do you have DrKonqi installed? It should be in its own package nowadays.
> It doesn't always start though, and you don't always get feedback when attempts failed (or weren't even made). I've never really understood the why and how of that.

I figured that DrKonqi was not installed and installed it. However, as you mentioned, it doesn't automatically start with the crash I described before.

> The epoll_wait warning suggests that the kontact crash is a side-effect, that the cause is somewhere else in the intricate hatpin structure of Akonadi that's been corrupted by the recent update.
> If you don't get the feedback on the bug ticket, you can get a backtrace by launching kontact through the debugger:
>
> %> gdb /usr/bin/kontact
> %(gdb) r
> % #after the crash
> %(gdb) thread apply all bt

I became impatient and ran the debugger to get the backtrace without waiting for the feedback on the bug ticket. This is what I got:
https://paste.lucko.me/USWQvhHiuu

Thank you again for your help.

Hakan