What good is akonadictl fsck?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Jan 29 15:59:40 GMT 2018

Hello Jerome.

Jerome Yuzyk - 12.01.18, 01:41:
> [KMail 5.4.3 on Fedora 25, using only POP3 accounts]
>
> If it doesn't fix anything?
>
> I have a crapload of "Item "12345" has no RID" messages that aren't going
> away over numerous fsck/vacuum cycles. I've used akonadiconsole to see that
> in fact Item "12345" does not have a RID, but can't delete it from there
> either. I also have some Collections with no RID.

Yes, I have seen all of this and wrote a longer mail about quite some time
ago.

Dan replied to it with a lot of informative details. Yet, AFAIK akonadictl
fsck does not really fix things – with the exception of doing some migration
work for older installs.

I never replied to Dan´s reply as I felt overwhelmed by it. I try to dig out
that thread and try to reply using a current output of akonadictl fsck.

Thanks,
--
Martin