What good is akonadictl fsck?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Jan 29 17:16:23 GMT 2018

Martin Steigerwald - 29.01.18, 16:59:
> Jerome Yuzyk - 12.01.18, 01:41:
> > [KMail 5.4.3 on Fedora 25, using only POP3 accounts]
> >
> > If it doesn't fix anything?
> >
> > I have a crapload of "Item "12345" has no RID" messages that aren't going
> > away over numerous fsck/vacuum cycles. I've used akonadiconsole to see
> > that
> > in fact Item "12345" does not have a RID, but can't delete it from there
> > either. I also have some Collections with no RID.
>
> Yes, I have seen all of this and wrote a longer mail about quite some time
> ago.
>
> Dan replied to it with a lot of informative details. Yet, AFAIK akonadictl
> fsck does not really fix things – with the exception of doing some migration
> work for older installs.
>
> I never replied to Dan´s reply as I felt overwhelmed by it. I try to dig out
> that thread and try to reply using a current output of akonadictl fsck.

I replied to the thread I mentioned.

For completeness a reference to that thread:

akonadictl fsck: What messages indicate real issues and what to do about them?
https://marc.info/?l=kdepim-users&m=149426877926602&w=2

I spammed the bug database with hopefully helpful bug reports about certain
aspects of using akonadictl fsck in order to fix up things.

Thanks,
--
Martin