What good is akonadictl fsck?

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Sat Jan 13 12:05:09 GMT 2018

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 11:40:35 +0000, I wrote:

> Same problem here is preventing me moving on to a Plasma5 Linux install.

Just been giving Plasma5 Kmail/Akonadi another try. At first seemed to be
behaving, but
this morning - when selecting the Inbox to read a new email - the dreaded
"Retrieving
Folder Contents' hangup occurred - on ANY folder that is selected.
  Left it like that for 2 hours: Still stuck on that hangup. which only
disappeared after
reboot.

Worse than that, here on my working install (Plasma4) a s/w update on
Jan.8th installed
KMail 4.14.10  under 'KDE 4.14.3-5', since which date I am already aware
of LOSING an
email from Inbox and 2 from Sent-mail folders. Scary.

So am taking another look at the possibility of jumping ship to T'bird...

Anyone else aware of disappearing emails?

--
/\/\aurice