kmail sigh

tic tic at tictric.net
Sun Jan 28 20:21:24 GMT 2018

Am Sonntag, 28. Januar 2018, 20:52:42 CET schrieb Anders Lund:
> Back in kmail, after switching internet provider to something that should be
> supported.
>
> It worked fine for a week or two, but today, things started to feel ugly.
> New mails does not show up, pressing the "check mail" button is, as it was
> since the unfortunate akonadi showed up, unbearably slow. As is just
> fetching a mail. Kmail/akonadi appears to do lots of other stuff, instead
> of fetching the mail I want to view.
>
> Damned, because there is really no nice alternatives.
>
> When can we have akonadi-free kmail?

I often read comments like that and wonder why I have never really experienced
all those troubles that so many users seem to have. I've been using kmail
since the late 90s and it did not work as expected from time to time but it
was acceptable and the problems resolved themselves somehow over time.
Sometimes new setup of the whole distribution changed things for the better
(or worse) sometimes updates.
But I just used kmail with akonadi all along with imap setups and cannot
confirm those major problems like yours Anders.

I don't want to belittle your experience Anders but I felt the developers'd
like to see a positive comment once in a while.

best
Manfred