kmail sigh

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Sun Jan 28 20:17:18 GMT 2018

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:52:42 +0100, Anders Lund wrote:
> [ trimmed ]
>
> It worked fine for a week or two, but today, things started to feel
> ugly. New mails does not show up, pressing the "check mail" button
> is, as it was since the unfortunate akonadi showed up, unbearably
> slow. As is just fetching a mail. Kmail/akonadi appears to do lots
> of other stuff, instead of fetching the mail I want to view.

When I have been faced with difficult and seemingly random problems, I
instrument.

@Dan:  can we start adding instrumentation to kmail?  It may take many
iterations to get it right but it seems too many people just give up
because what appears to be a non-deterministic piece of software.

--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926        iNum:  883.5100.0990.1054