kmail sigh

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Feb 5 23:26:44 GMT 2018

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On Mon, 05 Feb 2018 16:21:48 -0700, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> On Monday, February 5, 2018 2:25:42 PM MST Sandro Knauß wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> As often told on this list - the POP3 setup is currently missing
>> active developers with such an setup and the issues there are not
>> in the focus. Anyone is welcome helping us to fix the specific
>> issues with this setup. We are currently looking at the database
>> itself, what can improved there and there is already a list what
>> needs to be done to gain better support.
>
> Why should POP3 vs IMAP matter? They're just protocols for retrieving
> files. POP3 worked quite fine for years for me before Akonadi started
> choking on them. And quite fine in plenty of other
> non-Akonadi-tainted mailers. All my emails get picked up from my ISP
> - it's what KMail does with them after that's the problem.

Hi Jerome,

At a high-level, you are absolutely correct:  POP3 and IMAP are simply
protocols.  However, it is up to each and every 'mail user agent' (MUA)
to implement the protocol.

On kmail, the implementation of it needs to be repaired.

Cheers,

--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926        iNum:  883.5100.0990.1054