kmail sigh

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Feb 5 23:21:48 GMT 2018

On Monday, February 5, 2018 2:25:42 PM MST Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey,
>
> As often told on this list - the POP3 setup is currently missing active
> developers with such an setup and the issues there are not in the focus.
> Anyone is welcome helping us to fix the specific issues with this setup. We
> are currently looking at the database itself, what can improved there and
> there is already a list what needs to be done to gain better support.

Why should POP3 vs IMAP matter? They're just protocols for retrieving files.
POP3 worked quite fine for years for me before Akonadi started choking on
them. And quite fine in plenty of other non-Akonadi-tainted mailers. All my
emails get picked up from my ISP - it's what KMail does with them after that's
the problem.