Kmail 5.2.3 find messages

solitone solitone at mail.com
Sat Mar 4 05:23:47 GMT 2017

On Friday, 3 March 2017 13:56:06 CET John White wrote:
> At first, "find messages" immmediately found
> nothing and after I did this and that, 'find messages' found everythng, no
> matter what I put in the search bar.  Fooled with it some more and it now
> finds nothing.  This all started suddenly when I was using jessie.  Moved up
> to stretch and that didn't help.

I also have ver. 5.2.3, and I'm on debian stretch as well. "Tools -> Find
Messages..." doesn't work here either.

Some time ago it sometimes found some unrelated emails, but not anything
related to the search string entered. Now it nevers find anything, the result
box is always empty. It seems it doesn't even start searching, as it exit with
no result just immediately after clicking the search button.

It's pretty annoying, but unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet :(

Cheers,
  Davide