Kmail 5.2.3 find messages

John White john at lawquest.com
Fri Mar 3 21:56:06 GMT 2017

Its been about a month now that kmail's "find messages" has been broken.  I
have fooled with it a lot.  At first, "find messages" immmediately found
nothing and after I did this and that, 'find messages' found everythng, no
matter what I put in the search bar.  Fooled with it some more and it now
finds nothing.  This all started suddenly when I was using jessie.  Moved up
to stretch and that didn't help.

I have tried my best to get help and am willing to pay for it if need be.
Perhaps I am not trying properly.  I know this: I have a very busy small
business and I have to be able to search emails. Kmail has worked well for me
for manyyears. So I have been slowly migrating to icedove.  I don't want to
migrate as my 3 staff members use kmail with no problems.  But unless I get
some help, I will have no choice.  I plan to try again this weekend (by
creating a new user and loading kmail there) and if that doesn't help AND show
me the fix, regretfully make the permanent move to icedove.

John White
335 W 1st St
Reno, NV 89503
775-322-8000