Kmail 5.2.3 find messages

fradevpub at inventati.org fradevpub at inventati.org
Sat Mar 4 16:08:12 GMT 2017

On 04/03/17 06:23:47 CET, solitone  wrote:
> On Friday, 3 March 2017 13:56:06 CET John White wrote:
>>At first, "find messages" immmediately found
>> nothing and after I did this and that, 'find messages' found everythng, no
>> matter what I put in the search bar.  Fooled with it some more and it now
>> finds nothing.  This all started suddenly when I was using jessie.  Moved up
>> to stretch and that didn't help.
>
> I also have ver. 5.2.3, and I'm on debian stretch as well. "Tools -> Find
> Messages..." doesn't work here either.

Same here, on Debian Stretch. However I found a workaround: after each search
I delete the content/subdirectories of the "Search" folder (left panel at the
bottom, after the e-mail accounts folders) created automatically by Kmail. It
is not the better solution but as a workaround it works for me.

Regards
Francesco