Re: “Filter account is missing. Please select account to use with filter "<filter>"”

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Thu Feb 16 13:53:29 GMT 2017

Daniel Vrátil 2017-02-16 14:41:

> > Since removing an IMAP account, on KMail start, I'm getting the
> > following message at the top of a pop-up window for selecting accounts:
> >
> >     “Filter account is missing. Please select account to use with filter
> >     "<filter>"”
> >
> > where ‘<filter>’ corresponds to each of my (all manual) filters.
>
> You have mail filters that refer to folders that no longer exist now that
> you removed the IMAP account, so you should remove those filters from
> Settings ->  Configure Filters.

Thanks for your response.

I guess this is probably true technically, but those filters were always
manual ones, I never created references to any specific account. I guess
it was done automatically upon creation. I'd consider that a bug, should
I file it as such? (I don't know whether it is still relevant for the
KF5 version.)

> If you don't want to lose them for good, you can use the  "Export" button
> to save them to a file so you can import them in the future.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Best,

Erik