“Filter account is missing. Please select account to use with filter "<filter>"”

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Thu Feb 16 13:41:25 GMT 2017

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 10:42:12 AM CET Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Since removing an IMAP account, on KMail start, I'm getting the
> following message at the top of a pop-up window for selecting accounts:
>
>     “Filter account is missing. Please select account to use with filter
>     "<filter>"”
>
> where ‘<filter>’ corresponds to each of my (all manual) filters. So I'm
> getting a whole load of these pop-ups, which is very annoying, as I need
> to press cancel for all of them. I'm using kdepim 4.14.11_pre20160211
> and kdelibs 4.14.28 on a mostly KF5 setup. (It may also have started
> after upgrading to kdelibs to 4.14.28 from an earlier version.)
>
> Does anyone know what the cause may be and/or how I might be able to fix
> this?

You have mail filters that refer to folders that no longer exist now that you
removed the IMAP account, so you should remove those filters from Settings ->
Configure Filters. If you don't want to lose them for good, you can use the
"Export" button to save them to a file so you can import them in the future.

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683