“Filter account is missing. Please select account to use with filter "<filter>"”

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Fri Feb 24 10:44:43 GMT 2017

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:53:29 PM CET Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> Daniel Vrátil 2017-02-16 14:41:
> > > Since removing an IMAP account, on KMail start, I'm getting the
> > >
> > > following message at the top of a pop-up window for selecting accounts:
> > >     “Filter account is missing. Please select account to use with filter
> > >     "<filter>"”
> > >
> > > where ‘<filter>’ corresponds to each of my (all manual) filters.
> >
> > You have mail filters that refer to folders that no longer exist now that
> > you removed the IMAP account, so you should remove those filters from
> > Settings ->  Configure Filters.
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I guess this is probably true technically, but those filters were always
> manual ones, I never created references to any specific account. I guess
> it was done automatically upon creation. I'd consider that a bug, should
> I file it as such? (I don't know whether it is still relevant for the
> KF5 version.)

There's an indirect reference: if you have a filter like "If X then move
message to folder Y", then the folder Y belongs to an account and thus the
filter references an account :-) The wording of the error is not maybe clear on
that, I think it comes from very early times of KMail.

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683