Upgrade woes

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 11:52:27 BST 2017

On Friday August 25 2017 11:22:11 Peter Humphrey wrote:

>had that experience at work too, where young hotshots were for ever coming
>up with proposals to modernise things. They could never explain what that
>meant, nor justify the cost of changing, but they always got their way.)

We have a saying in the Netherlands: "money must roll". I guess that applies here too. Change a thing here and there and you can sell the result as something new by making customers believe they'd be missing out on something crucial if they stick to their current version. Keeps the helpdesk busy, too ;)

R.