Akonadi dsaster

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Oct 17 09:36:24 BST 2016

On Monday, October 17, 2016 10:23:18 AM CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Sunday October 16 2016 21:43:24 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
>
> I don't know what makes you say that:
>
> %> git clone kde:baloo baloo-git
> %> CD baloo-git git branch -av
> /home/bertin/work/src/Scratch/KDE/kdepim/baloo/baloo-git
> * master                               e6bd357 CLazy fixes: use const ref in
> for loop instead object REVIEW: 129182 remotes/origin/HEAD
> -> origin/master
>   remotes/origin/KDE/4.14              e898ea0 baloofiles was missing the
> EXPORT that other libs have remotes/origin/extractor_protocol    77c88af
> adapt the test to the new realities remotes/origin/fileTime_tBug
> f967f24 time_t bug
>   remotes/origin/lucene                8729313 FileSearchStoreTest wip
>   remotes/origin/master                e6bd357 CLazy fixes: use const ref in
> for loop instead object REVIEW: 129182 remotes/origin/pinak/monitorListView
> c3a4f23 Add indexer state as a ListView in the monitor
> remotes/origin/positionDB            5d7263f Add various iters and
> fetchTermsStartingWith to PositionDB %> CD baloo-git git checkout KDE/4.14
> /home/bertin/work/src/Scratch/KDE/kdepim/baloo/baloo-git
> Branch KDE/4.14 set up to track remote branch KDE/4.14 from origin.
> Switched to a new branch 'KDE/4.14'
>
> It actually has more recent commits than your clone has.

Hmm, it must've been restored at some point. When I checked last time
(February 2016) there was no such branch. David probably had it restored
around the time he did the commits in May.

Good to know, I can now fork-off the vendor branch in there and drop the clone
repository :-)

> >Oh, no sorry. I thought you were talking in releation to the Indexer. This
> >patch has nothing to do with actual syncing.
>
> Well, I applied it anyway to the above branch. I hope that indeed means that
> at least KDE PIM4 will also respect the indexing attribute :)

The onliner I sent you fixes that emails were not reindexed when changed, does
not fix the IndexPolicyAttribute support, that's a bit bigger patch [0] that
will need some actual backporting work.

Dan

[0] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=akonadi-search.git&a=commitdiff&h=c4296b665e327e4ea5c3fbd991df1d71b24d5fc1

--