Akonadi dsaster

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:23:18 BST 2016

On Sunday October 16 2016 21:43:24 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
>On Sunday, October 16, 2016 9:39:38 PM CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>> On Sunday October 16 2016 21:05:28 Daniel Vrátil wrote:

>> > It's a oneliner. But the problem is that there is nowhere to backport. The
>> > KDE/4.14 branch was removed from baloo.git for some reason (that's where
>> > the indexing agent lived in KDE4).

I don't know what makes you say that:

%> git clone kde:baloo baloo-git
%> CD baloo-git git branch -av
/home/bertin/work/src/Scratch/KDE/kdepim/baloo/baloo-git
* master                               e6bd357 CLazy fixes: use const ref in for loop instead object REVIEW: 129182
  remotes/origin/HEAD                  -> origin/master
  remotes/origin/KDE/4.14              e898ea0 baloofiles was missing the EXPORT that other libs have
  remotes/origin/extractor_protocol    77c88af adapt the test to the new realities
  remotes/origin/fileTime_tBug         f967f24 time_t bug
  remotes/origin/lucene                8729313 FileSearchStoreTest wip
  remotes/origin/master                e6bd357 CLazy fixes: use const ref in for loop instead object REVIEW: 129182
  remotes/origin/pinak/monitorListView c3a4f23 Add indexer state as a ListView in the monitor
  remotes/origin/positionDB            5d7263f Add various iters and fetchTermsStartingWith to PositionDB
%> CD baloo-git git checkout KDE/4.14
/home/bertin/work/src/Scratch/KDE/kdepim/baloo/baloo-git
Branch KDE/4.14 set up to track remote branch KDE/4.14 from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'KDE/4.14'

It actually has more recent commits than your clone has.

>Oh, no sorry. I thought you were talking in releation to the Indexer. This
>patch has nothing to do with actual syncing.

Well, I applied it anyway to the above branch. I hope that indeed means that at least KDE PIM4 will also respect the indexing attribute :)

Cheers,
René