Akonadi dsaster

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sun Oct 16 20:20:13 BST 2016

Am Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2016, 21:05:28 schrieb Daniel Vrátil:
> > complicated I'd love to try and backport it to 4.14 .....

just a side note as a user:
I'm still on kde 4.14.2 (debian jessie) and as far as I can see, this is a
good choice :)
- last week I tried the kde 5.x version which comes with kubuntu 16.04 and I
can only confirm that is a real disaster:
it trashed all my settings from my (copy of) kde4.x settings, looks utterly
ugly and as I can read here, has again broken the sending mail to a recipient
list feature.
this breakage seems to be the preferred regression which comes up over and
over again (happened frequently which each minor 4.x version and now obviously
again in the 5.x series).
I think I will wait with transition until the developers give up 5.x when they
all focuse on 6.0 :)
just my 0.02 cents.

Werner