Akonadi dsaster

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:13:23 BST 2016

On Sunday October 16 2016 21:20:13 Werner Joss wrote:

>> > complicated I'd love to try and backport it to 4.14 .....
>
>just a side note as a user:
>I'm still on kde 4.14.2 (debian jessie) and as far as I can see, this is a
>good choice :)

It certainly isn't a bad choice if you have the option, and if you're concerned more with reliability/stability than with new features and getting the 5.x series to work to satisfaction to everyone. On my Linux system I am in fact still on 4.13.3, with no compelling reason to upgrade (and the email read/flagged/etc state sync issue in fact compelling me to stay at that version).

Yet I think that at some point people like us will have to hitch up their sleeves and get involved, if we want to be sure certain issues only we appear to be noticing get addressed. The only thing that's holding me back from doing that is the fact that one cannot easily have the two versions installed on the same machine. And time. (And also a bit the fact I have a growing list of pending contributions to other projects that are apparently not deemed worthy of interest...)

R.