Akonadi dsaster

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Oct 14 21:21:53 BST 2016

On Friday 14 October 2016 22:09:52 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> I wonder where Akonadi´s successor thing that Kubemail uses is right
> now. I bet it will take quite some while till eventually it can
> replace Akonadi.

AFAIK/IIUC, then there are no plans to use Kubemail's storage backend
for Kontact/KMail. The KDE PIM team simply lacks the resources to port
Kontact/KMail to another backend. Also there are no guarantees that such
a port would be any better.

If you want Kubemail's storage backend, then you'll have to use the
client that has been written especially for this backend (and/or vice-
versa ;-) ).