Difficulties to use Kontact via WIFI from "Flixbus" and similar servers

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Nov 21 07:28:46 GMT 2016

Hi,

this is an issue specific to Gmail. When Google refuses your login via IMAP,
then indeed your only chance is to go through web browser, where you probably
need to type in your OTP code in addition to regular password and confirm it's
really you.

I wrote a code some time ago that adds support for Google native
authentication for IMAP, i.e. when trying to log into Gmail, you will get a
small window popup with the Google login page where you log in, type in your
OTP code, possibly confirm that its still you just logging in from a new
location, and it will use the OAuth2 login mechanism. I still have to look
into how to integrate this into our IMAP code to make it work alongside the
other authentication methods for non-Gmail servers. So there is some hope, but
not before 17.04 release in April :)

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683